To be successful in life, you have got to have self-confidence. You cannot be successful if you are not sure of yourself or your actions. You must make concerted effort to do away with the inherent fear in every person. Have trust in yourself and learn to see the good side of people and pay compliment when necessary.
It is a fact that we do not all possess self-confidence from birth, but there are several ways to acquire it. There are many factors that can militate against self-confidence, prominent among them is environment and inheritance.
The following tips will help in developing self-confidence:
1. Re-appraise yourself and look at the area that really need development. Never think that you are not important because "as a man thinketh so is he. You must not have inferiority complex, because if you did, others will treat you the same.
2. Make effort to observe how others carry themselves and notice how confident they act. Choose for yourself a role model and make reference to them as you plan to acquire the same confidence as they have. Do not just observe, apply it for yourself. If your are determined to have the same self-confidence as your role mode, you must practice what they do. Putting it into practice is the best thing to do.
3. You must have self control. Do those things you must do and avoid those you must not do. This might take time but with a lot of patience they are achievable. If you can control your thoughts and actions, you are opening your doors for opportunity. Act with a purpose, because a purposeful action is essential for your success. If you did this you will be demonstrating your capacity to control things around you. These are the qualities and attributes of a leader and gateway to fun and success.
4. Develop the Habit of expressing your thoughts in front of people and make a concerted effort to eradicate fear from your life. Practice, practice and practice. You can start by reading in front of a mirror and see your own action. Read in front of friends and family as your audience and accept comments from them. These comments will help you develop yourself.
5. Try and develop your skills and work hard on your weaknesses. Turn your weaknesses into strength. Never give up in the face of challenges and obstacles, most times they are there to prepare you for greater height. Complement others and acknowledge their good aspects and you will receive the same from them.
Article Source: You are not allowed to view links.